Good Evening Hawthorn Elementary South Families and Happy Mother’s Day. We hope you got a chance to celebrate with your families.
The diversity and many backgrounds that make up the Hawthorn community is what makes us so special! Did you know that there are 63 different languages spoken by our Hawthorn students? To honor and celebrate the many cultures that make up our schools, we are having a “VIRTUAL CULTURAL FAIR” this week for our theme! Here are some ideas of how you can showcase your culture for our fair. Remember to take a picture and send it to your child’s teacher for the Friday Video.\
CULTURAL FAIR IDEAS…
- Cook a food from your culture (Follow a recipe)
- Dress in traditional clothing from your culture
- Show or teach a game from your culture
- Say “hello” in your language and post it on your Learning Management System
- Create a poster with pictures to showcase your culture
- Show us money from your culture
- Draw a picture of what kids do for fun in your culture
- Play music from your culture
- Show us a dance from your culture
- Feel free to add your own ideas, too!
We can’t wait to see what our students create!
As always, it is most important that you are HEALTHY and WELL. Enjoy this week’s Social Emotional Corner from our Hawthorn Social Workers. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LDRk7UgBejmAqna-7fxIfmdE3CwlyCMK/view?usp=sharing
BE WELL, HES EAGLES!
Dr. Martin and Mrs. Hunter