Dear Hawthorn Elementary South Families,
We hope you were able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine this weekend. It’s hard to believe that we are into May! This week is NATIONAL CHILDREN’S BOOK WEEK and we are so excited to celebrate it with you! Shout out to MRS. GASS and all the Hawthorn Librarians for organizing the fun this week!
To get you excited about this week and to kick-off NATIONAL CHILDREN’S BOOK WEEK, here are some special guest readers:
Shel Silverstein (Dr. Martin)
The Cool Bean (Mrs. Gass)
Choose as many activities from this list as you wish! Take a picture and send it to your child’s teacher for our Friday video.
National Book Week Activities
- Take a picture with your favorite book
- Read a graphic novel or comic book
- Read to a parent or other adult
- Read to a stuffed animal or a real animal
- Read a poem
- Read the first book in a new series
- Read a book in a genre you have never read before
- Read a nonfiction book about a new topic
- Read to a sibling or family member
- Read an award-winning book
- Read a wordless picture book
- Read in a fort or tent
- Read a book outside
- Listen to an audio book
As always, we want you all to be WELL! Here is this week’s Social Emotional Corner and Tips:
Also, If your child has an EPI PEN at school, please read this important message.
BE WELL, HES EAGLES, & HAPPY READING!