Good morning, HES!
We hope this email finds you all HEALTHY and WELL!
VIRTUAL CULTURAL FAIR: Thank you to all of our families who submitted pictures or videos for our Virtual Cultural Fair! What a wonderful way to celebrate our diverse community! Please enjoy this video of our students! https://vimeo.com/418565879
STUDENT PICK UP/DROP OFF PROCEDURES FOR ELEMENTARY SOUTH: PICK UP/DROP OFF of students’ supplies has been scheduled based on your LAST NAME. We will be following social distancing guidelines throughout this process.
- Friday, May 22: For students with last names that begin with A – D
- Tuesday, May 26: For students with last names that begin with E – J
- Wednesday, May 27: For students with last names that begin with K – M
- Thursday, May 28: For students with last names that begin with N – R
- Monday, June 1: For students with last names that begin with S – Z
Pick up and returns will happen via DRIVE UP. Please pull-up in front of the school as if you were dropping off or picking up your student. HES Staff will come to your car – please have ready a piece of paper displayed on your front dashboard with your STUDENT’S FIRST and LAST NAME & GRADE LEVEL.
Anything you are returning to the school should be placed in a bag (garbage, ziplock, grocery, etc). Please place your child’s name and grade level on the bag.
YEARBOOKS: If you pre-ordered a yearbook, these will be distributed with your student’s supplies.
MEDICATION: If you have medication at the school, the items will be distributed with school supplies via a sign-out system. You will remain in the car while a staff member will come to you with the medication and paperwork for you to sign verifying you have picked up the medication.
PICK UP GUIDELINES: HOURS 7:30am – 11:00am
- You are strongly encouraged to arrive at the site ALONE (no children), wearing MASKS and GLOVES
- Be prepared prior to drive-up with a piece of paper with your child/ren’s NAME, TEACHER & GRADE LEVEL– place on DASHBOARD
- Any items not picked up will be donated or disposed of
- Bring your students’ LIBRARY BOOKS & any TEXTBOOK for drop-off. Please have these items in a bag with your child’s name, grade and classroom teacher
Thank you to all for helping make this pick up safe and efficient!
Would your child like to participate in drills and workouts reflective of our spring athletic program? Our coaches have posted ideas for students to continue their skill development at home. Visit the athletic program webpage for Middle School North and/or Middle School South, and click on one of our spring sports for details. While activities are designed for middle school students, we know some of our elementary students may be interested in these remote learning opportunities, as well!
Middle School North Spring Athletics:https://sites.google.com/hawthorn73.org/hmsnathletics/home
Middle School South Spring Athletics: https://sites.google.com/hawthorn73.org/msathletics/home
We will see you at PICK UP!
Dr. Martin and Mrs. Hunter