Did you know that it’s time for our entire school to officially kick-off our Jump Rope For Heart program? Yes, that’s right! Our school’s event is right around the corner! It’s time to go WILD about heart health and saving lives. We are thrilled to participate as we work together to raise lifesaving donations for the American Heart Association and learn how nutrition and being active can help us live longer, healthier lives. Please join us in teaching our students the importance of being heart healthy for life!
Your student will be telling you about the Zoo Crew animals they can earn, so we wanted to fill you in! Each zoo animal teaches students a way to protect their heart and avoid risk factors for heart disease and stroke. Your student can earn all 6!
There are 3 zoo animals students can earn instantly and receive at school:
- When $5 is raised, your student will earn our lion, Rory McFiercely III and lanyard at school right away.
- If a donation is made online, your student will also receive our elephant, Mr. Tusker.
- Any student who reaches $85 online will receive our zebra, Savanna Bolt!
**Zoo Crew animals are cumulative!
There is an easy way for you and your student to raise donations online by having your very own fundraising page. Simply follow these steps:
Visit our school’s online page: http://jumphoops2017mwa.kintera.org/hawthornessouth
Scroll down past the zoo image and click on Join Team.
- Create a username and password and then fill out the registration form.
- Share your personal fundraising link with friends and family right away.
- Download the FREE Mobile app for iPhone or Android by searching for Jump/Hoops and fundraise no matter where you are!
Once logged in, participate in the Zoo Crew Ecard Challenge! This is a creative way for your student to choose a heart healthy habit to start doing today! Your student will challenge others to do the same and help them reach their fundraising goal.
- Choose one of our Zoo Crew and upload a photo
- Take a challenge to improve your own heart health
- Share with 10 friends & challenge them too!
Thank you so much for supporting our school and the American Heart Association!