Fireman Tony from the Countryside Fire Protection District visited with 3rd grade students this week and brought along his “House of Hazards”.  The purpose of the visit was to make students aware of the many fire hazards that can be present in their home and to provide solutions for making their home safer.  Students learned the importance of testing smoke detectors in the home on a monthly basis and changing the batteries when we change the clocks.  They also learned that matches are a tool for adults and that children should NEVER play with them.  Fireman Tony pointed out such fire hazards as space heaters too close to other objects, candles left unattended, electrical appliances too close to the bathtub, and too many objects plugged into an electrical outlet.

Thank you Fireman Tony for helping us to make our homes safe!