Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer? Mrs. McFarlin and the PE staff are in need of volunteers to help facilitate their annual Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase fun run. The event takes place on the morning of October 30 and will be finished by 11:30. Volunteers will be responsible for lining the running course to keep students safe and to cheer them on. If you would like to volunteer for this event, please sign up by using this link:
Welcome back to school! We are excited to welcome all of the new and returning Elementary South families, and know we will have a fantastic year ahead! We hope you will consider getting involved being a Room Parent.
This year we are going green! All interested volunteers will need to sign up via the Sign Up Genius link , no later than Friday, September 11, 2015. Party assignments will be emailed at the end of September, along with detailed party procedures, a party manual, and a link to an online toolkit.
A Room Parent Coordinator will be assigned to each party. The Room Parent Coordinator initiates contact with other room parents and confirms the party plan with the nurse and teacher. Additionally, up to three volunteers will be assigned to each party to assist the coordinator. It is the responsibility of all volunteers to play an active role in planning the party in which they attend.
Halloween Party – Friday, October 30, 2015
Valentine’s Day Party – Friday, February 12, 2016
End of Year Celebration – To be determined in the spring
Please note that we are unable to provide babysitting during the parties. Siblings will NOT be permitted to attend the parties. Please consider this carefully when making your Room Parent commitment.
Please contact Stacy Streb, Elementary South School – PTO Vice President, with any questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org; (312) 969-5839
Elementary South will be having a Field Day to celebrate the 2014-2015 school year! It will be a full day event on Friday, June 5th from 8AM – 3PM. We are looking for parent volunteers to help run stations. If you are available to help, please sign up here. Thank you in advance.
Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer? The PE staff is looking for volunteers to help spot during the climbing unit starting February 24th. If you are willing and able to help keep kids safe, you can help! Click on the link below to sign up to volunteer. Please be aware that you are signing up for an actual time slot. If you are unable to keep your committment to that time slot, or have questions about volunteering, please contact Mrs. McFarlin.
Please Volunteer! Hawthorn is working with CEC to develop a strategic plan for the District. We are working to gather a group of 50 people representing a variety of experiences and interests. If you are interested in being considered, please return the Strategic Plan Volunteer Application by November 22. You may also complete the form in an online format.
Please Take the Survey! All community members are encouraged to provide their insight by taking a brief online survey – only six questions and you may remain anonymous.
For more information, check the web article, Hawthorn Joins with Center for Educational Change to Develop Strategic Plan.
- Comité de Padres Bilingües/ Bilingual Parent Advisory...September 12, 2016 - 2:57 pm
- Parents Attend Preview of “Be Seen and Heard Asse...October 14, 2016 - 3:08 pm
- SOAR Supports Hawthorn HustleOctober 15, 2016 - 1:44 pm
- 2016 Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase Fun RunOctober 17, 2016 - 9:51 am
- Calculating VolumeOctober 18, 2016 - 12:30 pm
- Promoting ReadingOctober 18, 2016 - 12:34 pm
- Students Attend “Be Seen and Heard”© AssemblyOctober 18, 2016 - 3:24 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2016 ActivitiesOctober 19, 2016 - 8:41 am
- November 2017 SOAR WinnersDecember 1, 2017 - 10:15 am
- December 2017 NewsletterNovember 29, 2017 - 8:29 am
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm
- November Birthday BashNovember 17, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Growth Mindset Decorations Enliven the HallwaysNovember 17, 2017 - 12:24 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:45 am
- Elementary South Observes American Education WeekNovember 15, 2017 - 2:21 pm
- Cook Memorial Library Design a Bookmark Contest WinnersNovember 14, 2017 - 11:19 am