Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer? Mrs. McFarlin and the PE staff are in need of volunteers to help facilitate their annual Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase fun run. The event takes place on the morning of October 30 and will be finished by 11:30. Volunteers will be responsible for lining the running course to keep students safe and to cheer them on. If you would like to volunteer for this event, please sign up by using this link:
Welcome back to school! We are excited to welcome all of the new and returning Elementary South families, and know we will have a fantastic year ahead! We hope you will consider getting involved being a Room Parent.
This year we are going green! All interested volunteers will need to sign up via the Sign Up Genius link , no later than Friday, September 11, 2015. Party assignments will be emailed at the end of September, along with detailed party procedures, a party manual, and a link to an online toolkit.
A Room Parent Coordinator will be assigned to each party. The Room Parent Coordinator initiates contact with other room parents and confirms the party plan with the nurse and teacher. Additionally, up to three volunteers will be assigned to each party to assist the coordinator. It is the responsibility of all volunteers to play an active role in planning the party in which they attend.
Halloween Party – Friday, October 30, 2015
Valentine’s Day Party – Friday, February 12, 2016
End of Year Celebration – To be determined in the spring
Please note that we are unable to provide babysitting during the parties. Siblings will NOT be permitted to attend the parties. Please consider this carefully when making your Room Parent commitment.
Please contact Stacy Streb, Elementary South School – PTO Vice President, with any questions.
email@example.com; (312) 969-5839
Elementary South will be having a Field Day to celebrate the 2014-2015 school year! It will be a full day event on Friday, June 5th from 8AM – 3PM. We are looking for parent volunteers to help run stations. If you are available to help, please sign up here. Thank you in advance.
Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer? The PE staff is looking for volunteers to help spot during the climbing unit starting February 24th. If you are willing and able to help keep kids safe, you can help! Click on the link below to sign up to volunteer. Please be aware that you are signing up for an actual time slot. If you are unable to keep your committment to that time slot, or have questions about volunteering, please contact Mrs. McFarlin.
Please Volunteer! Hawthorn is working with CEC to develop a strategic plan for the District. We are working to gather a group of 50 people representing a variety of experiences and interests. If you are interested in being considered, please return the Strategic Plan Volunteer Application by November 22. You may also complete the form in an online format.
Please Take the Survey! All community members are encouraged to provide their insight by taking a brief online survey – only six questions and you may remain anonymous.
For more information, check the web article, Hawthorn Joins with Center for Educational Change to Develop Strategic Plan.
- Process Continues on FacilitiesApril 21, 2016 - 5:42 pm
- BOE Meeting on Architect AssessmentMay 19, 2016 - 10:07 am
- Building a Stronger CommunityMay 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairMay 20, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Parent Education NightMay 25, 2016 - 1:19 pm
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- Enroll Now for FallMay 26, 2016 - 8:25 am
- BOE Invites Input from ParentsMay 26, 2016 - 8:32 am
- Reader’s Theater in Mrs. Worden’s ClassApril 21, 2017 - 12:40 pm
- Important Information for Bus Riders from Westwood Neig...April 20, 2017 - 1:10 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairApril 20, 2017 - 8:48 am
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeekApril 19, 2017 - 7:10 am
- Family Fitness Night Was a Blast!April 17, 2017 - 1:40 pm
- Stemapalooza Comes to Elementary South!April 17, 2017 - 11:09 am
- Personalized LearningApril 16, 2017 - 5:57 pm
- Stevenson Math CarnivalApril 13, 2017 - 10:32 am