Please be aware Hawthorn Elementary South will begin the PARCC state testing the week of March 2, 2015. Students in grades 3-5 will be taking a total of five tests – three assessments in Language Arts and two in math. Students will take one assessment per day.
Grade level testing will be:
Week of March 2 – Fifth grade will test
Week of March 9 – Fourth grade will test
Week of March 16 – Third Grade will test
What can parents do to prepare?
- Make sure your child eats an appropriate breakfast.
- Allow for time to get enough rest.
- Email ahead to let your classroom teacher know of absences or doctor appointments. If possible, avoid appointments during your testing week.
- For more specifics on the PARCC test, please refer to the Assessments page on the District website.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Jill Martin, Christy Hunter or your classroom teacher.