The Strategic Planning Committee is looking for your valuable input on important issues. Please take a few moments to click the appropriate link below and complete the survey by Monday, March 10, 2014. We are asking each household to complete the survey only once. You do not need to take it for each child or each school your family attends.
Hawthorn parents, students and teachers now have the opportunity to provide feedback about our schools to the Illinois State Board of Education through it’s Illinois 5Essentials Survey, which is open from now through March 31, 2013. The 15-minute (at most) research-based survey is intended to help identify strengths and weaknesses at schools throughout Illinois. Specifically, the survey looks at five indicators of school effectiveness: Effective leaders, collaborative teachers, involved families, supportive environments and ambitious instruction.
The parent survey really takes only a couple of minutes to complete. Parents are asked to fill out a survey for each school your children attend. Students in grades 6-8 will also take the survey in February during class time. Respondent identities and individual responses will be kept completely confidential. Teachers or administrators will never see individual responses to survey questions, only summary level responses. Under the Protection of Pupil Rights Act. 20 U.S.C. Section 1232© (1) (A), you have the right to review a copy of the questions asked of your student(s). All survey questions can be found on the Illinois 5Essentials website (illinois.5-essentials.org).
If you do not want your child (grades 6-8) to participate in the survey, please fill out the form below and turn in to your child’s homeroom teacher no later than February 15, 2013.
Please take the very brief 5Essentials Parent Survey by clicking on the link below:
Again, the state is looking for a survey from you representing each of the schools your student attends. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact 5Essentials Customer Support at 1-866-440-1874. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey!
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- August 2016 NewsletterAugust 24, 2016 - 1:26 pm
- Thanks for Attending New to South PlaydateAugust 24, 2016 - 1:41 pm
- Tears and CheersAugust 24, 2016 - 1:58 pm
- PTO Store – How Easy is This?!August 29, 2016 - 12:51 pm
- Room Party MoneySeptember 1, 2016 - 7:14 am
- Important Information about Student AbsencesSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:24 pm
- Orchestra/Band Date ChangeSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:43 pm
- New To Elementary South Slide PresentationAugust 17, 2017 - 9:43 am
- Get Ready for the Residency EventJuly 31, 2017 - 3:41 pm
- End of School Parties are a Big HitJune 6, 2017 - 3:43 pm
- Elementary South 2017 Field DayJune 1, 2017 - 1:52 pm
- May 2017 SOAR WinnersJune 1, 2017 - 11:10 am
- Fifth Grade Healthy Lifestyles Graduation CeremonyMay 25, 2017 - 10:46 am
- ES/Aspen 2017 Spring Orchestra ConcertMay 25, 2017 - 10:10 am
- Elementary South Volunteers are the Best!May 25, 2017 - 9:36 am