Please be informed that at Monday’s Board of Education meeting, the School Board will begin discussion on the proposed strategic plan that has been developed by the Strategic Plan Committee. Included in this conversation will be how this proposed plan provides guidance to the Reorganization Committee on many important issues that face the district.
The Strategic Planning Committee is looking for your valuable input on important issues. Please take a few moments to click the appropriate link below and complete the survey by Monday, March 10, 2014. We are asking each household to complete the survey only once. You do not need to take it for each child or each school your family attends.
The Strategic Planning Committee is working to develop a strategic plan with specific goals and activities to reach those goals. This document will provide a vision of where our district currently stands as well as where we need to go to meet the needs of our students. The Committee’s next step is to look at building an actionable plan that moves us closer to our vision and supports continuous improvement for our students.
Strategic Planning Committee meetings are open to the public, as this is a Board committee working for continuos improvement to meet the needs of our students.
Please visit the Strategic Planning Group website (on Hawthorn’s District website, www.hawthorn73.org) to review the information and stay informed.
In the spring of 2015, Illinois, along with many other states, will be assessing our students in a very different way. Please take a few moments to look at the information below from the National PTA and our State Superintendent on how these changes will affect our students in the coming years. As always, we thank you for your continued support of your child’s education at Hawthorn.
For additional information you can access the Illinois State Board of Education website.
Click here for more information.
This letter, from Superintendent Nick Brown, is being sent home with students today.
- Back to School BashAugust 23, 2016 - 8:39 am
- Enrichment Deadline ApproachingSeptember 21, 2016 - 6:49 pm
- Elementary South Makes the Top 10 ListSeptember 22, 2016 - 6:17 pm
- Health Requirements for New StudentsSeptember 23, 2016 - 10:43 am
- Community Input SoughtSeptember 26, 2016 - 10:03 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- Be Seen and Heard Assembly – Parent Information M...October 6, 2016 - 7:03 am
- PE Night is a BlastOctober 19, 2017 - 8:21 am
- Thanks for Joining Us at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 18, 2017 - 9:54 am
- Halloween Procedures at Elementary SouthOctober 16, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2017October 12, 2017 - 10:47 am
- Dr. Martin Reads at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 12, 2017 - 7:26 am
- Alternate Transportation FormOctober 11, 2017 - 2:23 pm
- Volunteers needed for Elementary South Pumpkin ChaseOctober 6, 2017 - 12:46 pm
- Hawthorn Elementary South wins 6th place in the Lake County...October 4, 2017 - 3:45 pm