Walk-in Kindergarten Registration is set for 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26 at Hawthorn Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Parents must bring registration documents outlined on the kindergarten registration page.
This year’s registration process will be on-line. Starting April 30th, you will receive a letter with your parent portal access ID and password. If you do not have computer access, the district office will have computers available for you to register your child. New this year – ALL DISTRICT RESIDENCY EVENT – for all students will take place on Wed. Aug 5th, Thur. Aug. 6th, and Mon. Aug. 10th. Watch for more information coming soon. Please register online by May 15th so we can place your child in a classroom for next year.
Parents of children who will attend Hawthorn kindergarten next fall are encouraged to attend the Hawthorn Kindergarten Parent Information Meeting on Thursday, January 30 beginning at 7 p.m. at Hawthorn Middle South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. The meeting will cover such topics as the enrollment process, school placement, curriculum and services. School tours are planned for the first week in February. Walk-in registration is expected to open on Monday, February 10. Children who turn 5 before September 1, 2014 are eligible for public school kindergarten in Illinois. Information is also available on the meeting poster as well as on the registration website,www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
It is time to register current students for the 2013-14 school year. Letters with SnapCodes and directions for completing online registration were mailed on April 15. Students entering grades 3 and 6 must also complete Residency Verification. If you need assistance or computer access, please visit the District Office at 841 West End Court, Vernon Hills. More information is available at www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
- Back to School BashAugust 23, 2016 - 8:39 am
- Enrichment Deadline ApproachingSeptember 21, 2016 - 6:49 pm
- Elementary South Makes the Top 10 ListSeptember 22, 2016 - 6:17 pm
- Health Requirements for New StudentsSeptember 23, 2016 - 10:43 am
- Community Input SoughtSeptember 26, 2016 - 10:03 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- Be Seen and Heard Assembly – Parent Information M...October 6, 2016 - 7:03 am
- PE Night is a BlastOctober 19, 2017 - 8:21 am
- Thanks for Joining Us at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 18, 2017 - 9:54 am
- Halloween Procedures at Elementary SouthOctober 16, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2017October 12, 2017 - 10:47 am
- Dr. Martin Reads at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 12, 2017 - 7:26 am
- Alternate Transportation FormOctober 11, 2017 - 2:23 pm
- Volunteers needed for Elementary South Pumpkin ChaseOctober 6, 2017 - 12:46 pm
- Hawthorn Elementary South wins 6th place in the Lake County...October 4, 2017 - 3:45 pm