Walk-in Kindergarten Registration is set for 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26 at Hawthorn Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Parents must bring registration documents outlined on the kindergarten registration page.
This year’s registration process will be on-line. Starting April 30th, you will receive a letter with your parent portal access ID and password. If you do not have computer access, the district office will have computers available for you to register your child. New this year – ALL DISTRICT RESIDENCY EVENT – for all students will take place on Wed. Aug 5th, Thur. Aug. 6th, and Mon. Aug. 10th. Watch for more information coming soon. Please register online by May 15th so we can place your child in a classroom for next year.
Parents of children who will attend Hawthorn kindergarten next fall are encouraged to attend the Hawthorn Kindergarten Parent Information Meeting on Thursday, January 30 beginning at 7 p.m. at Hawthorn Middle South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. The meeting will cover such topics as the enrollment process, school placement, curriculum and services. School tours are planned for the first week in February. Walk-in registration is expected to open on Monday, February 10. Children who turn 5 before September 1, 2014 are eligible for public school kindergarten in Illinois. Information is also available on the meeting poster as well as on the registration website,www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
It is time to register current students for the 2013-14 school year. Letters with SnapCodes and directions for completing online registration were mailed on April 15. Students entering grades 3 and 6 must also complete Residency Verification. If you need assistance or computer access, please visit the District Office at 841 West End Court, Vernon Hills. More information is available at www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
- Comité de Padres Bilingües/ Bilingual Parent Advisory...September 12, 2016 - 2:57 pm
- Parents Attend Preview of “Be Seen and Heard Asse...October 14, 2016 - 3:08 pm
- SOAR Supports Hawthorn HustleOctober 15, 2016 - 1:44 pm
- 2016 Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase Fun RunOctober 17, 2016 - 9:51 am
- Calculating VolumeOctober 18, 2016 - 12:30 pm
- Promoting ReadingOctober 18, 2016 - 12:34 pm
- Students Attend “Be Seen and Heard”© AssemblyOctober 18, 2016 - 3:24 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2016 ActivitiesOctober 19, 2016 - 8:41 am
- November 2017 SOAR WinnersDecember 1, 2017 - 10:15 am
- December 2017 NewsletterNovember 29, 2017 - 8:29 am
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm
- November Birthday BashNovember 17, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Growth Mindset Decorations Enliven the HallwaysNovember 17, 2017 - 12:24 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:45 am
- Elementary South Observes American Education WeekNovember 15, 2017 - 2:21 pm
- Cook Memorial Library Design a Bookmark Contest WinnersNovember 14, 2017 - 11:19 am