5th graders in Mrs. Krajewski & Mrs. McFarlin’s PE classes were working on problem solving, team building and making connections! Here students from Ms. Trela and Mrs. Silver’s classes used their skills to CONNECT for this picture.
Thank you so much to Vanessa Schenk, Debbie Dubin, and Lauren Viets for creating our very own bridge to display at Elementary South as a visual reminder that our Bernstein Unit this year is “Making Connections”.
Vanessa explained to Dr. Martin, “None of us have engineering minds but with a bit of experimenting and approximately 300 blocks we came up with the most structurally sound bridge Legos could make! We are so excited to be part of a project that has so much meaning to the school.”
Please be sure to check out “our bridge” the next time you visit Elementary South.
This year our Bernstein Unit is about Making Connections. Our Masterwork is the Golden Gate Bridge. At Elementary South’s BACK TO SCHOOL BASH on August 25th, we built a bridge to show the students how we are all connected and each student signed their name to the bridge. A bridge is a structure carrying a pathway over an obstacle. We are excited to spend this year teaching children to work together to overcome their obstacles. It should be a great year!
- Process Continues on FacilitiesApril 21, 2016 - 5:42 pm
- BOE Meeting on Architect AssessmentMay 19, 2016 - 10:07 am
- Building a Stronger CommunityMay 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairMay 20, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Parent Education NightMay 25, 2016 - 1:19 pm
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- Enroll Now for FallMay 26, 2016 - 8:25 am
- BOE Invites Input from ParentsMay 26, 2016 - 8:32 am
- Reader’s Theater in Mrs. Worden’s ClassApril 21, 2017 - 12:40 pm
- Important Information for Bus Riders from Westwood Neig...April 20, 2017 - 1:10 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairApril 20, 2017 - 8:48 am
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeekApril 19, 2017 - 7:10 am
- Family Fitness Night Was a Blast!April 17, 2017 - 1:40 pm
- Stemapalooza Comes to Elementary South!April 17, 2017 - 11:09 am
- Personalized LearningApril 16, 2017 - 5:57 pm
- Stevenson Math CarnivalApril 13, 2017 - 10:32 am