Hawthorn Hustle – Pumpkin Chase Race
Make sure your child has his/her gym shoes!
9:00-9:45 – 4th & 5th grade
9:45-10:15 – 1st grade
10:15-11:00 – 2nd & 3rd grade
10:30-11:00 – Kindergarten
Our Halloween Celebrations continue…
Bring costumes in a bag and we will change into costumes after lunch!
Remember, no weapons, even if it is part of your costume.
Please do not send any treats – PTO room parents will take care of it.
AM Kindergarten Parade – 9:00am
AM Kindergarten Party – 9:15-10:15am
ONLY HALF – DAY KDG wear costumes to school
PM Kindergarten, Full day Kindergarten and grades 1-5 Parade 1:15PM
Classroom Parties will follow the parades.**
Parents are welcome to watch the parades!!!
We will parade around the building. (AM KDG Parade will be on our playground)
PLEASE park on ASPEN DRIVE.
If you are NOT ABLE to see the parade, we are hoping to post parade videos on our website at es.hawthorn73.org
** ONLY PTO ROOM PARENTS will be allowed down to classrooms for the parties – please sign in at the table in the front hall.
If you do not celebrate Halloween, your child is welcome to join our art staff in the art room for NON – HALLOWEEN activities.
Thank you for volunteering your time and efforts on behalf of our Elementary South students. The three PTO-sponsored parties each year generate a lot of fun and excitement for the children because of you!
Due to life-threatening peanut/tree nut allergies in our school, we have the following classroom party policy for all the PTO-sponsored parties. This policy follows Elementary South’s guidelines for managing nut allergies, and is in place across District 73. Please read the guidelines carefully.
-In every classroom, all foods for the three parties must be PEANUT FREE and TREE NUT FREE, and must be store bought with an ingredient label that can be checked. Food products with labels that state,”may contain nuts”, or “processed in a facility that handle nuts” , or any similar warning label are not permitted.
-NO ITEMS BAKED AT A BAKERY ARE PERMITTED. This includes Dunkin Donuts, cupcakes, brownies, cakes, or cookies from the bakeries at Jewel, Dominick’s, Sam’s Club, etc.
-NO HOME BAKED OR HOME PREPARED FOODS ARE PERMITTED.
-NO RESTAURANT/TAKE OUT FOOD IS PERMITTED, such as pizza, happy meals, etc.
-Fruits and vegetables will be allowed in classrooms where there are no nut allergies. Our school provides cutting boards and cutlery to prepare fruits and vegetables in our cafe prior to the parties.
Any food that is unlabeled,or unsafe, will not be served at the parties. The ONLY food to be served at classroom parties is arranged by the room parents. Children may not bring goody bags or treats for their classmates from home, however non-edible items are permitted. ( stickers, pencil, eraser, etc.)
Despite these restrictions, there are many festive, healthy, and yummy snacks that are safe to serve! Please consult with your classroom teacher to determine an appropriate snack for your child’s classroom, as there may be additional allergies to accommodate. Thank you in advance for keeping all our children safe. Please contact us with any questions.
Dr. Jill Martin Francie Mundrane BSN,RN
Principal School Nurse
- Notification: fertilizer and weed control applicationMay 6, 2016 - 12:25 pm
- Family Dance Photo Booth PicturesMay 9, 2016 - 12:05 pm
- May 2016 NewsletterMay 10, 2016 - 2:01 pm
- Band & Orchestra CampMay 10, 2016 - 7:03 pm
- Most Improved AwardMay 10, 2016 - 7:18 pm
- Register NowMay 11, 2016 - 5:24 pm
- Countryside Food DriveMay 12, 2016 - 10:49 am
- Thanks to the School Leadership TeamMay 18, 2016 - 6:12 pm
- Early Voting Begins this Week for the April 4 ElectionMarch 22, 2017 - 9:36 am
- Spirit Night at Chick-fil-AMarch 21, 2017 - 1:26 pm
- 6th Grade Parent OrientationMarch 20, 2017 - 7:58 am
- Signs of Suicide & Depression AwarenessMarch 20, 2017 - 7:06 am
- Dual Language Expands to Middle SchoolsMarch 19, 2017 - 1:33 pm
- Education Foundation LaunchedMarch 19, 2017 - 1:23 pm
- Register Now for D73 Summer ClassesMarch 19, 2017 - 12:38 pm
- Aspen Art FairMarch 18, 2017 - 1:37 pm