On Tuesday, April 18th, 5th grade students participated in Elementary South’s Science Fair. As part of their science fair project students completed a thorough lab report and a trifold explaining what scientific question they answered through their testing. Students did a great job. Their hard work and creative thinking over a one-month period was evident to all who attended the fair! Each classroom awarded medals to the top three exhibits.
The week of May 1st has been designated as Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week for our schools. As the year winds down, the Hawthorn PTO would like to thank the teachers and staff for the hard work they put forth for our children each and every day.
WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT!
There are two ways you can show your support.
1. We will gladly accept cash or check (made out to Hawthorn PTO) donations from parents so we can make the celebration at Elementary South memorable for all. Your generous donations will be used to provide several treats throughout the week and a well-deserved luncheon. Click here to download a form to return to school with your monetary donation.
2. You can also donate food items. Click here to sign up.
Should you have any questions, please contact Stacy Strebb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-969-5839. Thank you in advance for your help and support.
The marketing and product development teams from ETA hand2mind, a local educational publishing company, will be volunteering their time to help facilitate fun STEM activities throughout the day at Elementary South on April 28th. Featuring their STEM “Make It Take It” products, students will be participating in such activities as marble maze, balancing toy, parachuter, spinning toy or balloon car. At the end of the day students will take their creation home!
When learning is personalized for students, they become the leaders of their own learning and work at a pace that’s right for each of them. Hawthorn teachers have been working on the Guaranteed Viable Curriculum (GVC) for the last three years, which identifies our desired results for all students. Personalized learning experiences allow students to approach the GVC in a way that will make them successful. To enhance their learning experiences, Hawthorn middle school students will be issued a Chromebook next year. This tool will expand opportunities for personalized learning both within and outside of the classroom to meet their individual needs and inspire a love for learning.
Please click here to read more about the direction in which Hawthorn is heading.
Parents of future Hawthorn students entering kindergarten in the fall may sign up now for their child to participate in a practice bus ride. The practice bus ride will give the kindergartner the experience of what it is like to get on and off the bus. The event takes place in mid-August.
Click below for the Registration Form:
- Process Continues on FacilitiesApril 21, 2016 - 5:42 pm
- BOE Meeting on Architect AssessmentMay 19, 2016 - 10:07 am
- Building a Stronger CommunityMay 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairMay 20, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Parent Education NightMay 25, 2016 - 1:19 pm
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- Enroll Now for FallMay 26, 2016 - 8:25 am
- BOE Invites Input from ParentsMay 26, 2016 - 8:32 am
- Reader’s Theater in Mrs. Worden’s ClassApril 21, 2017 - 12:40 pm
- Important Information for Bus Riders from Westwood Neig...April 20, 2017 - 1:10 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairApril 20, 2017 - 8:48 am
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeekApril 19, 2017 - 7:10 am
- Family Fitness Night Was a Blast!April 17, 2017 - 1:40 pm
- Stemapalooza Comes to Elementary South!April 17, 2017 - 11:09 am
- Personalized LearningApril 16, 2017 - 5:57 pm
- Stevenson Math CarnivalApril 13, 2017 - 10:32 am