First and second graders at Elementary South enjoyed outdoor end of year parties. They took turns at everything from hula hoop twirling to potato sack racing.
Students, staff and volunteers enjoyed picture-perfect weather for Field Day on Thursday, June 1. Students took part in many indoor and outdoor games including Sponge Bucket Relay, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Mini Golf, Tarp/Parachute, Frisbee Golf, Volleyball, Tug-O-War, Target Toss, Bags, Ladder Golf, and Bowling. A highlight for many students was getting to dunk their teacher in the dunk tank!
Thank you to all of our many volunteers who helped to make the day a great success!
Congratulations to all of our May SOAR (SAFE, ON TASK, ACT RESPONSIBLE, RESPECT) winners. Each of these students “Soared Above the Line” in academics or behavior.
Congratulations to all of the Elementary South and Aspen fifth grade students on successfully completing the Healthy Lifestyles program. Officer Jon Paret presided over the graduation ceremony on Wednesday, May 24th. The Healthy Lifestyles program (formerly known as the DARE program) is sponsored by the Vernon Hills Police Department.
Ms. Reilly’s third grade class put together a class “Wax Museum” as the final project for their biography book club unit. Each student picked from a selection of Who Was? books. They read the books independently, while working on their literacy skills. Each student then typed a short summary, dressed up, and shared what they learned about that individual with their family members and peers.
Parents should complete online registration through the PowerSchool parent portal using the information that the district provided you in a Returning Student Enrollment letter.
It is important for you to register your child as soon as possible. Students will not be assigned a teacher or a bus route until online registration is complete. Failure to do so will result in your child being dropped from enrollment. Fees are due at the time of registration. If you have questions about registration, please contact the District Office at 847-990-4200 or email email@example.com.
Please let neighbors who are new to Hawthorn District 73 know that they may now register their children for the Fall 2017 school year. Families whose children will enroll in District 73 schools for the first time in Fall 2017, should fill out the required forms and turn them into the registrar during a scheduled visit. Please visit your local library to print out required forms if you don’t have access to a printer. To schedule an appointment with the registrar, please call 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280 or email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fifth Grade Science FairMay 20, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Summer Readers RuleAugust 24, 2016 - 10:43 am
- SOAR Above the LineAugust 24, 2016 - 1:09 pm
- August 2016 NewsletterAugust 24, 2016 - 1:26 pm
- Thanks for Attending New to South PlaydateAugust 24, 2016 - 1:41 pm
- Tears and CheersAugust 24, 2016 - 1:58 pm
- PTO Store – How Easy is This?!August 29, 2016 - 12:51 pm
- Room Party MoneySeptember 1, 2016 - 7:14 am
- End of School Parties are a Big HitJune 6, 2017 - 3:43 pm
- Elementary South 2017 Field DayJune 1, 2017 - 1:52 pm
- May 2017 SOAR WinnersJune 1, 2017 - 11:10 am
- Fifth Grade Healthy Lifestyles Graduation CeremonyMay 25, 2017 - 10:46 am
- ES/Aspen 2017 Spring Orchestra ConcertMay 25, 2017 - 10:10 am
- Elementary South Volunteers are the Best!May 25, 2017 - 9:36 am
- ES/Aspen 2017 Spring Band ConcertMay 23, 2017 - 8:07 am
- SOAR Runs in the Rain for a Good Cause!May 22, 2017 - 3:46 pm