Join your friends from Elementary South for at night at the movies on Friday, November 17th at AMC Showplace 8 in Vernon Hills. Click here for more information and to download the registration form.
Post that are promoted to the main website banner.
A chill is in the air, the pumpkins are in the patch, Halloween is approaching and we are getting excited about our upcoming festivities. We will celebrate on Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Please remember, when purchasing this year’s costume, our school promotes kindness. Children as young as five years old attend our school and we do not want anyone to be frightened! Weapons will not be allowed on school grounds and we discourage any blood and gore. All students are to bring their costumes to school in a bag labeled with your child’s name. Because students are changing at school and bathroom space is limited, please have your child wear any parts of his/her costume that are clothes (IE tights, black pants, etc).
The Halloween parade will start at approximately 1:15. Students will exit their wing doors in an orderly fashion and walk around the building counter clockwise until they return back to their wing door. Parents, please spread out on the perimeter of the building to get these Kodak Moments!! In case of rain, the parade will take place in the building (Parents can take pics in the gym).
Parties run from the end of the parade until 2:30. Only pre-approved room parents will be allowed down to classrooms. The Vernon Hills Police Department has allowed parents to park on the East side of Aspen during the Halloween festivities. Please note that your car must be moved in time for dismissal. Please do NOT block the bus lanes in the back of the school or the pick up line in the front of school. Please do NOT SEND ANY FOOD or CANDY!
Please remember, that the remainder of the day is a regular school day. We will maintain an academic atmosphere where LEARNING will be the focus. If you do not want your child to participate in Halloween festivities, please contact your child’s teacher for alternate activities.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Halloween!
If your child will be taking alternate transportation home from school please fill out the Alternate Transportation form and send it to school in the morning with your child. The form can be downloaded here. It can also be found under “Important Quick Links” on the left hand side of the Elementary South website.
Congratulations to the staff and students at Hawthorn Elementary South for taking 6th place in the Lake County Regional Office of Education’s Attendance and Truancy Division Twenty-Seventh Annual Fall Attendance Competition. The Attendance Competition promotes improved school attendance at the beginning of the school year, and emphasizes the need to attend regularly to receive full educational benefits. Thank you to everyone for ensuring our students attend school each and every day!
- Comité de Padres Bilingües/ Bilingual Parent Advisory...September 12, 2016 - 2:57 pm
- Parents Attend Preview of “Be Seen and Heard Asse...October 14, 2016 - 3:08 pm
- SOAR Supports Hawthorn HustleOctober 15, 2016 - 1:44 pm
- 2016 Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase Fun RunOctober 17, 2016 - 9:51 am
- Calculating VolumeOctober 18, 2016 - 12:30 pm
- Promoting ReadingOctober 18, 2016 - 12:34 pm
- Students Attend “Be Seen and Heard”© AssemblyOctober 18, 2016 - 3:24 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2016 ActivitiesOctober 19, 2016 - 8:41 am
- November 2017 SOAR WinnersDecember 1, 2017 - 10:15 am
- December 2017 NewsletterNovember 29, 2017 - 8:29 am
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm
- November Birthday BashNovember 17, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Growth Mindset Decorations Enliven the HallwaysNovember 17, 2017 - 12:24 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:45 am
- Elementary South Observes American Education WeekNovember 15, 2017 - 2:21 pm
- Cook Memorial Library Design a Bookmark Contest WinnersNovember 14, 2017 - 11:19 am