Thank you to all of the volunteers who have so graciouly given their time and talents to help make Elementary South such a joyful environment and an outstanding place to learn. We were happy to see so many of you at our Appreciation Tea on Wednesday, May 23rd.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud webmaster contributed a whooping 306 entries.
Entries by webmaster
Please enjoy these pictures of the 4th and 5th grade band students performing during their spring concert on Thursday, May 18th. Congratulations to Mr. Fritz and all of his students on an outstanding performance!
A little bit of rain didn’t stop our SOAR (Students On A Run) members from participating in the “Got2Run for Education” Race on Saturday, May 20th. All proceeds from SOAR participants went to the Hawthorn PTO.
Ms. Reilly’s third grade class put together a class “Wax Museum” as the final project for their biography book club unit. Each student picked from a selection of Who Was? books. They read the books independently, while working on their literacy skills. Check out the pictures of the students having a blast while sharing what they learned!
Field Day this year is Friday, June 2! Do you want to volunteer? Volunteers will be assigned a station to run for field day.
Students in grades 3rd – 5th, along with their families, are invited to attend the Math Carnival at Stevenson High School on Wednesday, May 10th, from 6:00-8:00pm.
Fifth graders worked on a STEM lesson to create ballon cars during the Elementary South STEM-A-PALOOZA. They focused on force and resistance while designing their cars. Each student was given the freedom to create and adapt their cars to create the fastest car.
Thank you to all of the families who attended our Open Houses and Musical Performances last week. Our students in 3rd and 5th grade enjoyed performing some of their favorites songs including Pizza Love, Talkin’ About the Moon, It’s a Fine Day, Sing, and Can’t Stop the Feeling.
Congratulations to all of our March and April SOAR (SAFE, ON TASK, ACT RESPONSIBLE, RESPECT) winners. Each of these students “Soared Above the Line” in academics or behavior.
During the Stemapalooza event held at Elementary South on April 28th, the 4th grade classes participated in a “Parachuters” STEM activity with volunteers from ETA hand2mind. They followed the process of imagine, plan, make, test and improve to design individual parachutes out of a variety of materials in order to safely land a small figurine.
- Back to School BashAugust 23, 2016 - 8:39 am
- Enrichment Deadline ApproachingSeptember 21, 2016 - 6:49 pm
- Elementary South Makes the Top 10 ListSeptember 22, 2016 - 6:17 pm
- Health Requirements for New StudentsSeptember 23, 2016 - 10:43 am
- Community Input SoughtSeptember 26, 2016 - 10:03 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- Be Seen and Heard Assembly – Parent Information M...October 6, 2016 - 7:03 am
- PE Night is Full of Fun for Third to Fifth GradersOctober 20, 2017 - 2:26 pm
- PE Night is a BlastOctober 19, 2017 - 8:21 am
- Thanks for Joining Us at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 18, 2017 - 9:54 am
- Halloween Procedures at Elementary SouthOctober 16, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2017October 12, 2017 - 10:47 am
- Dr. Martin Reads at Aspen Drive LibraryOctober 12, 2017 - 7:26 am
- Alternate Transportation FormOctober 11, 2017 - 2:23 pm
- Volunteers needed for Elementary South Pumpkin ChaseOctober 6, 2017 - 12:46 pm