Elementary South students and staff will recognize Red Ribbon Week beginning Wednesday, October 25th through Tuesday, October 31st with different activities scheduled for each day of the week.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud webmaster contributed a whooping 324 entries.
Entries by webmaster
Join Dr. Martin as she reads some of her favorite books on Monday, October 16 at the Aspen Drive Library. Refreshments will be served at 6:30. Stories begin at 6:45. No need to register, just drop in!
If your child will be taking alternate transportation home from school please fill out the Alternate Transportation form and send it to school in the morning with your child.
The 2017 Pumpkin Chase is coming soon and we need volunteers on Tuesday, October 31, from 8:30-11:00am to help keep kids safe, keep them on the path, and cheer them on.
Congratulations to the staff and students at Hawthorn Elementary South for taking 6th place in the Lake County Regional Office of Education’s Attendance and Truancy Division Twenty-Seventh Annual Fall Attendance Competition.
Our children’s safety is our number one priority and we want to be able to keep you informed at all times. Remind 101, our TEXT APP, is the fastest way for the school to blast information to you in a timely manner.
Thank you to everyone who attended Elementary South’s Family Bingo Night on Friday, September 15th. We had 465 participants, lots of pizza, prizes and fun! A big shout out to all of the Family Alliance members for all of their hard work putting the event together.
Attention Facebook Friends and Families. Countryside Fire Protection District is competing for a $3000 grant. Your nomination is important to CFPD, so please visit our Facebook Page and vote for CFPD’s Step Up and Stand Out video.
Annie Zbylut From Mrs. Arenson’s 3rd grade class has been selected by Artsonia as a finalist for this week’s “Artist of the Week” award for the PreK-3rd age group. The finalist who receives the most online votes between now and Saturday September 16 will be selected as “Artist of the Week.” Please help by voting for Annie this week so she can be selected as Artsonia’s “Artist of the Week”!
Elementary South students participating in SOAR (Students On A Run) were excited to arrive bright and early at school this morning to stretch and get running!
- Health Requirements for New StudentsSeptember 23, 2016 - 10:43 am
- Elementary South Recognizes Unity Day by “Soaring...October 20, 2016 - 11:14 am
- Principal AppreciationOctober 20, 2016 - 3:04 pm
- PE Night 2016October 21, 2016 - 2:06 pm
- School Refusal & School Anxiety PresentationOctober 27, 2016 - 7:10 am
- Tell Us What You Think about Hawthorn SchoolsOctober 27, 2016 - 10:44 am
- Special Education PresentationOctober 29, 2016 - 12:55 pm
- Students Enjoy Running in the Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin C...October 31, 2016 - 3:01 pm
- 2018 Winter Orchestra ConcertJanuary 19, 2018 - 7:52 am
- Is It Good to Be Bored Sometimes?January 18, 2018 - 3:14 pm
- Kindergarten Students Learn About Martin Luther King, J...January 18, 2018 - 12:52 pm
- 2018 Winter Band ConcertJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:57 am
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:55 am
- Spelling Bee ResultsJanuary 11, 2018 - 12:11 pm
- If You Can Help . . .January 9, 2018 - 3:40 pm
- December 2017 SOAR WinnersJanuary 9, 2018 - 10:44 am