Thank you to all of the new students and parents that attended our “New to Elementary South” information night on Wednesday, August 16th. Please click on the link below if you would like to review the slide presentation.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud webmaster contributed a whooping 291 entries.
Entries by webmaster
Students, staff and volunteers enjoyed picture-perfect weather for Field Day on Thursday, June 1. Check out our pictures from the day.
Congratulations to all of our May SOAR (SAFE, ON TASK, ACT RESPONSIBLE, RESPECT) winners. Each of these students “Soared Above the Line” in academics or behavior.
Congratulations to all of the Elementary South and Aspen fifth grade students on successfully completing the Healthy Lifestyles program. Officer Jon Paret presided over the graduation ceremony on Wednesday, May 24th. The Healthy Lifestyles program (formerly known as the DARE program) is sponsored by the Vernon Hills Police Department.
Please enjoy these pictures of the 4th and 5th grade band students performing during their spring concert on Tuesday, May 23rd. Congratulations to Ms. Lee and all of her students on an outstanding performance!
Thank you to all of the volunteers who have so graciouly given their time and talents to help make Elementary South such a joyful environment and an outstanding place to learn. We were happy to see so many of you at our Appreciation Tea on Wednesday, May 23rd.
Please enjoy these pictures of the 4th and 5th grade band students performing during their spring concert on Thursday, May 18th. Congratulations to Mr. Fritz and all of his students on an outstanding performance!
A little bit of rain didn’t stop our SOAR (Students On A Run) members from participating in the “Got2Run for Education” Race on Saturday, May 20th. All proceeds from SOAR participants went to the Hawthorn PTO.
Ms. Reilly’s third grade class put together a class “Wax Museum” as the final project for their biography book club unit. Each student picked from a selection of Who Was? books. They read the books independently, while working on their literacy skills. Check out the pictures of the students having a blast while sharing what they learned!
Field Day this year is Friday, June 2! Do you want to volunteer? Volunteers will be assigned a station to run for field day.
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- August 2016 NewsletterAugust 24, 2016 - 1:26 pm
- Thanks for Attending New to South PlaydateAugust 24, 2016 - 1:41 pm
- Tears and CheersAugust 24, 2016 - 1:58 pm
- PTO Store – How Easy is This?!August 29, 2016 - 12:51 pm
- Room Party MoneySeptember 1, 2016 - 7:14 am
- Important Information about Student AbsencesSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:24 pm
- Orchestra/Band Date ChangeSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:43 pm
- New To Elementary South Slide PresentationAugust 17, 2017 - 9:43 am
- Get Ready for the Residency EventJuly 31, 2017 - 3:41 pm
- End of School Parties are a Big HitJune 6, 2017 - 3:43 pm
- Elementary South 2017 Field DayJune 1, 2017 - 1:52 pm
- May 2017 SOAR WinnersJune 1, 2017 - 11:10 am
- Fifth Grade Healthy Lifestyles Graduation CeremonyMay 25, 2017 - 10:46 am
- ES/Aspen 2017 Spring Orchestra ConcertMay 25, 2017 - 10:10 am
- Elementary South Volunteers are the Best!May 25, 2017 - 9:36 am