As you know, Hawthorn District 73 schedules drills throughout the year to ensure our schools are prepared for emergencies and other events. This morning a drill took place at Townline Elementary and the School of Dual Language. While a parent posted on Facebook that this was an actual lockdown, this was only a drill. While […]
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 13 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
When parents arrive for parent-teacher conferences, they will see hallways filled with decorations. To keep the growth mindset alive at Elementary South, the school held a door decoration contest. Students researched growth mindset quotes and created door decorations using the quotation themes. STAR Team members judged the decorations.
The Hawthorn Enrichment Institute summer program is open to all kindergarten through eighth-grade Hawthorn District 73 students. It will take place from July 9 – August 10, 2018. Registration begins February 1, 2018.
Elementary South invited parents to visit the classrooms of their children in observance of American Education Week, Nov. 13 to 17. The students were excited to work on projects alongside their parents. Do you know the history behind American Education Week? Representatives of the National Education Association and the American Legion met in 1919 to […]
Kindergarten and first-grade students joined the annual Pumpkin Chase. It’s a healthy Halloween activity in which children get exercise by chasing a PE teacher dressed as a pumpkin.
Exercise went hand in hand with fun at last night’s PE Night for third through fifth graders at Elementary South. Parents, staff and children had a great time.
Kindergarten to second graders enjoyed plenty of fun exercises at PE Night on Wednesday.
Congratulations to Annie Zbylut, a third grade student at Elementary South. She was selected as Artsonia’s PreK-3rd “ARTIST OF THE WEEK” for September 17 – September 23. During the contest, Annie received 2392 votes from website visitors. Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world.
This morning there was a suspicious black car we believe to be a Lincoln possibly taking photos of students as they entered school. The car was parked off of school property. Please take extra caution and keep a watchful eye. Inform our Resource Officer Jon Paret or the Vernon Hills Police Department if you see […]
- Comité de Padres Bilingües/ Bilingual Parent Advisory...September 12, 2016 - 2:57 pm
- Parents Attend Preview of “Be Seen and Heard Asse...October 14, 2016 - 3:08 pm
- SOAR Supports Hawthorn HustleOctober 15, 2016 - 1:44 pm
- 2016 Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin Chase Fun RunOctober 17, 2016 - 9:51 am
- Calculating VolumeOctober 18, 2016 - 12:30 pm
- Promoting ReadingOctober 18, 2016 - 12:34 pm
- Students Attend “Be Seen and Heard”© AssemblyOctober 18, 2016 - 3:24 pm
- Red Ribbon Week 2016 ActivitiesOctober 19, 2016 - 8:41 am
- November 2017 SOAR WinnersDecember 1, 2017 - 10:15 am
- December 2017 NewsletterNovember 29, 2017 - 8:29 am
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm
- November Birthday BashNovember 17, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Growth Mindset Decorations Enliven the HallwaysNovember 17, 2017 - 12:24 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:45 am
- Elementary South Observes American Education WeekNovember 15, 2017 - 2:21 pm
- Cook Memorial Library Design a Bookmark Contest WinnersNovember 14, 2017 - 11:19 am