The 2018 Chinese New Year began on February 16. Elementary South celebrated with a colorful parade. The parade included two lively lions!
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 21 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
Please join us on Wednesday, February 21, for an Evening with the Board to discuss Hawthorn’s space needs for today and tomorrow. At the meeting, we look forward to your advice and guidance as we work together to set the course for our school district’s future. The meeting will take place at Middle School South, […]
In light of recent events in Florida with another tragic school shooting, our sympathy and thoughts go out to the parents, staff, students and community of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida. (Continued)
Hawthorn School District 73 is inviting the community to attend an Evening with the Board on Wednesday, February 21, at 7:00 p.m. at Hawthorn Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills, IL. The event will focus on how to solve the District’s present and future space needs. The event will include a […]
Miss Weinstein’s second grade class engaged in a thoughtful exercise on Thursday as they decided whether they think it’s OK to be bored sometimes. Students were split into three groups: those who think it’s OK to be bored, those who see good and bad sides of being bored, and those who think that being bored […]
Fourth-grade students played “French Folk Song” as they prepared for the Aspen/Elementary South Orchestra Concert on January 18.
Fourth and fifth grade students showed their ability to spell long and complicated words at the January 11 Spelling Bee. Congratulations to the winner Anudeepthi S. and the runner up Ganesh P.
First-graders at Elementary South are beginning to get comfortable with their roller skates as they enter the second week of their roller skating unit. P.E. teachers say they have made vast improvements over last week.
As you know, Hawthorn District 73 schedules drills throughout the year to ensure our schools are prepared for emergencies and other events. This morning a drill took place at Townline Elementary and the School of Dual Language. While a parent posted on Facebook that this was an actual lockdown, this was only a drill. While […]
When parents arrive for parent-teacher conferences, they will see hallways filled with decorations. To keep the growth mindset alive at Elementary South, the school held a door decoration contest. Students researched growth mindset quotes and created door decorations using the quotation themes. STAR Team members judged the decorations.
- Principals Read at LibraryOctober 10, 2016 - 1:01 pm
- Toys for Tots DonationsNovember 1, 2016 - 5:26 pm
- Happy Halloween 2016!November 2, 2016 - 1:54 pm
- October 2016 SOAR WinnersNovember 3, 2016 - 12:15 pm
- Bus SafetyNovember 10, 2016 - 1:23 pm
- HES Moring News BroadcastNovember 10, 2016 - 1:34 pm
- Library Bookmark ContestNovember 14, 2016 - 9:46 pm
- Thank you for Visiting!November 16, 2016 - 9:17 am
- Bullying Awareness WebsiteFebruary 19, 2018 - 11:14 am
- Happy Chinese New Year!February 16, 2018 - 10:05 am
- We Want Your Advice about District 73’s FutureFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- A Message Regarding Events in FloridaFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:19 pm
- Parent Volunteers Needed for Climbing UnitFebruary 15, 2018 - 7:15 am
- Information Session on ParentingFebruary 15, 2018 - 7:01 am
- Kindergarten Parent Information Night SlideshowFebruary 1, 2018 - 3:42 pm
- January 2018 SOAR WinnersFebruary 1, 2018 - 9:38 am