Please read attached notification about busing.
About Margaret Van Duch
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Margaret Van Duch contributed a whooping 67 entries.
Entries by Margaret Van Duch
Check out the annual District 73 Art Show at the Aspen Drive Library. Close to 400 student artists displayed unique forms of art during the art show. Click here to see the many artists and their artwork. Artwork is on display through Friday, April 7. The art show represents all the schools strongest pieces including drawings, paintings, collages, paper sculptures, Papier-mâché […]
At Elementary South the kindergarten and first grade classes enjoyed hearing a local author read his book about many important life lessons impacting students today. Author Brian Gryn read from the Magic Zoo, which teaches children the benefits of having a positive attitude. “At the younger grades we focus on students showing perseverance, […]
For nearly two decades, Hawthorn South has partnered with companies like CDW to offer Junior Achievement (JA) programs to its students. The lessons provide them with knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship and are presented by volunteers who deliver relevant, hands-on experiences in the classroom.A CDW employee recently worked with teacher Stacie […]
Students from Elementary South and other area schools were invited to lunch and to shop with Vernon Hills and Lincolnshire police as part of the Cops and Kids program, which treats children to gifts during the holiday season. The Elementary South choir joined in the festivities with singing and staff like Principal Jill Martin escorted […]
Students talk turkey at Elementary South. Students work on language lessons that incorporate Thanksgiving vocabulary.
The Elementary South Courage Committee offers bus safety tips to students.
Dr. Jill Martin, South Principal, reads to children at the community library to promote the importance of reading daily.
Elementary South fifth graders are working on calculating volume using centimeter cubes to construct their own rectangular prisms and determine the length, width, height, and volume. The purpose of this lesson is for students to see that volume can come in different shapes and sizes while still having the same cubic unit.
Team SOAR was among 300 participants of parents, staff, and students who helped raise close to $4,000 for the PTO in the first 5K ‘fun run’ Hawthorn Hustle.
- Process Continues on FacilitiesApril 21, 2016 - 5:42 pm
- BOE Meeting on Architect AssessmentMay 19, 2016 - 10:07 am
- Building a Stronger CommunityMay 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairMay 20, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Parent Education NightMay 25, 2016 - 1:19 pm
- Got2RunMay 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm
- Enroll Now for FallMay 26, 2016 - 8:25 am
- BOE Invites Input from ParentsMay 26, 2016 - 8:32 am
- Reader’s Theater in Mrs. Worden’s ClassApril 21, 2017 - 12:40 pm
- Important Information for Bus Riders from Westwood Neig...April 20, 2017 - 1:10 pm
- Fifth Grade Science FairApril 20, 2017 - 8:48 am
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeekApril 19, 2017 - 7:10 am
- Family Fitness Night Was a Blast!April 17, 2017 - 1:40 pm
- Stemapalooza Comes to Elementary South!April 17, 2017 - 11:09 am
- Personalized LearningApril 16, 2017 - 5:57 pm
- Stevenson Math CarnivalApril 13, 2017 - 10:32 am