Check out the annual District 73 Art Show at the Aspen Drive Library. Close to 400 student artists displayed unique forms of art during the art show. Click here to see the many artists and their artwork. Artwork is on display through Friday, April 7. The art show represents all the schools strongest pieces including drawings, paintings, collages, paper sculptures, Papier-mâché […]
About Margaret Van Duch
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Margaret Van Duch contributed a whooping 66 entries.
Entries by Margaret Van Duch
At Elementary South the kindergarten and first grade classes enjoyed hearing a local author read his book about many important life lessons impacting students today. Author Brian Gryn read from the Magic Zoo, which teaches children the benefits of having a positive attitude. “At the younger grades we focus on students showing perseverance, […]
For nearly two decades, Hawthorn South has partnered with companies like CDW to offer Junior Achievement (JA) programs to its students. The lessons provide them with knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship and are presented by volunteers who deliver relevant, hands-on experiences in the classroom.A CDW employee recently worked with teacher Stacie […]
Students from Elementary South and other area schools were invited to lunch and to shop with Vernon Hills and Lincolnshire police as part of the Cops and Kids program, which treats children to gifts during the holiday season. The Elementary South choir joined in the festivities with singing and staff like Principal Jill Martin escorted […]
Students talk turkey at Elementary South. Students work on language lessons that incorporate Thanksgiving vocabulary.
The Elementary South Courage Committee offers bus safety tips to students.
Dr. Jill Martin, South Principal, reads to children at the community library to promote the importance of reading daily.
Elementary South fifth graders are working on calculating volume using centimeter cubes to construct their own rectangular prisms and determine the length, width, height, and volume. The purpose of this lesson is for students to see that volume can come in different shapes and sizes while still having the same cubic unit.
Team SOAR was among 300 participants of parents, staff, and students who helped raise close to $4,000 for the PTO in the first 5K ‘fun run’ Hawthorn Hustle.
Congratulations to Hawthorn Elementary South School for making it onto the top 10 schools list during Attendance Week for having one of the highest student attendance records in Lake County. South competed against 145 schools in Lake County for the honor. Please click here to see Lake County Facebook posts for area schools.
- Notification: fertilizer and weed control applicationMay 6, 2016 - 12:25 pm
- Family Dance Photo Booth PicturesMay 9, 2016 - 12:05 pm
- May 2016 NewsletterMay 10, 2016 - 2:01 pm
- Band & Orchestra CampMay 10, 2016 - 7:03 pm
- Most Improved AwardMay 10, 2016 - 7:18 pm
- Register NowMay 11, 2016 - 5:24 pm
- Countryside Food DriveMay 12, 2016 - 10:49 am
- Thanks to the School Leadership TeamMay 18, 2016 - 6:12 pm
- Early Voting Begins this Week for the April 4 ElectionMarch 22, 2017 - 9:36 am
- Spirit Night at Chick-fil-AMarch 21, 2017 - 1:26 pm
- 6th Grade Parent OrientationMarch 20, 2017 - 7:58 am
- Signs of Suicide & Depression AwarenessMarch 20, 2017 - 7:06 am
- Dual Language Expands to Middle SchoolsMarch 19, 2017 - 1:33 pm
- Education Foundation LaunchedMarch 19, 2017 - 1:23 pm
- Register Now for D73 Summer ClassesMarch 19, 2017 - 12:38 pm
- Aspen Art FairMarch 18, 2017 - 1:37 pm