First and second graders at Elementary South enjoyed outdoor end of year parties. They took turns at everything from hula hoop twirling to potato sack racing.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 169 entries.
Entries by admin
Parents should complete online registration through the PowerSchool parent portal using the information that the district provided you in a Returning Student Enrollment letter. It is important for you to register your child as soon as possible. Students will not be assigned a teacher or a bus route until online registration is complete. Failure to do […]
Hawthorn Elementary South School is well known for its many acts of kindness that help children feel included in activities, lunchtime chatter, and recess four square. But SAGES (Student Activity Group of Elementary South) went one step further and designated a ‘Buddy Table’ where students could sit at recess if they felt lonely, left out, […]
Twelve students received the David Yomtoob Most Improved Student Award during a Hawthorn District 73 Board of Education meeting. Each year former Hawthorn superintendent Youssef Yomtoob, and his wife, Parichehr, recognize students whose essays were selected for expressing how they improved over a period of time in such areas as academics, social skills, and behavior. […]
Please read the update on a Hawthorn District 73 vehicular safety concern regarding students that is available in English and Spanish.
Enrollment letters for the 2017-18 school year have been mailed to Hawthorn parents of returning students. Parents should complete online registration through the PowerSchool parent portal https://ps.hawthorn73.org/public/home.html using the information that the district provided you in a Returning Student Enrollment letter. It is important for you to register your child as soon as possible. Students will not […]
Please invite your neighbors who are new to Hawthorn District 73 to register now for school for Fall 2017. Families whose children will enroll in District 73 schools for the first time in Fall 2017, should fill out the following forms ~ http://www.hawthorn73.org/hawthorn-information/registration/ ~ and turn them into the registrar during a scheduled visit. Please […]
Please read D73 Superintendent Nick Brown’s thoughts on the 13 Reasons Why Netflix series and its possible impact on students.
May 1, 2017 Dear Parents and Guardians, This afternoon the district Resource Officer received a report that a white male driving a red car approached a student and offered a ride. There was no enticement or encouragement when the student refused. Please have a conversation about safety with your children. Vernon Hills Police Department has […]
The following Hawthorn students were named the “best of the best” in the Cook Memorial Public Library District Creative Writing Contest for 2017. A reception for the award winners is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, May 7 at the Aspen Drive Library. Over 100 entries were considered. The following were named winners from Hawthorn: 4th […]
- Health Requirements for New StudentsSeptember 23, 2016 - 10:43 am
- Elementary South Recognizes Unity Day by “Soaring...October 20, 2016 - 11:14 am
- Principal AppreciationOctober 20, 2016 - 3:04 pm
- PE Night 2016October 21, 2016 - 2:06 pm
- School Refusal & School Anxiety PresentationOctober 27, 2016 - 7:10 am
- Tell Us What You Think about Hawthorn SchoolsOctober 27, 2016 - 10:44 am
- Special Education PresentationOctober 29, 2016 - 12:55 pm
- Students Enjoy Running in the Hawthorn Hustle Pumpkin C...October 31, 2016 - 3:01 pm
- 2018 Winter Orchestra ConcertJanuary 19, 2018 - 7:52 am
- Is It Good to Be Bored Sometimes?January 18, 2018 - 3:14 pm
- Kindergarten Students Learn About Martin Luther King, J...January 18, 2018 - 12:52 pm
- 2018 Winter Band ConcertJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:57 am
- Practice Makes PerfectJanuary 18, 2018 - 11:55 am
- Spelling Bee ResultsJanuary 11, 2018 - 12:11 pm
- If You Can Help . . .January 9, 2018 - 3:40 pm
- December 2017 SOAR WinnersJanuary 9, 2018 - 10:44 am